- AREAS OF PRACTICE
- ATTORNEY PROFILES
- NEWS + PRESS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Have questions about your specific situation, the legal process, or interested in getting more information on the Philadelphia-based law firm of Greenblatt, Pierce, Funt and Flores? Experience and trust are everything when it comes to resolving a criminal or civil legal situation and we’ve built our reputation on both — one case at a time. Please review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and please feel free to contact our office for a free consultation to discuss your situation with one of our attorneys.
- Is there any cost for talking to an attorney at Greenblatt, Pierce, Funt and Flores about your situation?
- Do you have a case?
- How do you know if you need to hire a lawyer?
- How do you select an attorney for your case?
- What Makes GPF&F Different from Most law Firms?
- Why Greenblatt, Pierce, Funt and Flores for your criminal defense or civil case?
- Will you actually get to meet with an attorney?
- What if you can’t make it to one of our offices?
- What if you are concerned about the legal fees?
- Will the things you tell your lawyer remain confidential?
CRIMINAL LAW / CRIMINAL DEFENSE
- What should you do if you have been arrested?
- What is the difference between a criminal and a civil case?
- What are your rights if you have been accused of a crime?
- What should you do if you get a call that a loved one has been arrested?
- How do you get out of jail after an arrest?
- Why should you hire a criminal defense attorney?
- What is the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor?
- What types of punishments do you face if convicted of a crime?
- Can a person be guilty of drunk driving after having only one drink?
- What is the role of state government versus federal government in criminal law?
- What is the difference between probation and parole?
- How does a district attorney decide which criminals to go after?
- What is the difference between rape and sexual assault?
TRAFFIC LAW / VIOLATIONS / LICENSE SUSPENSION
- Can you lose your license because of a moving violation?
- Can the police search your car and arrest you over a traffic offense?
- What do you do if you are pulled over for impaired driving?
- What should you do if your driver’s license is suspended or revoked?
- What should you do if you are in an accident?
FAMILY LAW / DIVORCE / CHILD CUSTODY
- How much will it cost you to get a divorce?
- How long does it take to get a divorce?
- How does the Court divide property and debts?
- What is considered marital property and non-marital property?
- What effect does adultery or other bad conduct of a spouse have on the division of property?
- What is the process for divorce?
- Will you have to pay alimony?
- Can alimony be changed after the divorce?
- How does a court determine custody?
- How is the amount of child support determined?
- What is the difference between physical custody and legal custody?
- What do you do if court-ordered child support is not being paid?
- Can the child support amount ever be changed?
EMPLOYMENT LAW / DISCRIMINATION / EMPLOYEE RIGHTS
- What types of claims can employees bring against employers?
- If more than one employee is experiencing the same problem at work, should we see a lawyer together?
- Are there questions an employer is not allowed to ask during a job interview?
- Can an employer refuse you medical leave?
- What should you do if you know your employer is breaking the law
- Can your employer require you to work off the clock?